Monday, August 20, 2012

Catching up.....

Whoa! I completely forgot about this :).  Life has been very busy lately!  I'm glad I'm busy because it's a happy busy.  A lot of new things have happened in my personal and professional life. I got a new computer, so I hope to get caught up soon. 

I've working on myself a lot lately.  I'm striving to become more patient and less sensitive.  I'm like a bull in a china shop until I get my feelings hurt, then I'm just a softy.  I'm trying to take life one day at a time and not let negative people affect me. Easier said than done :).  It's nice to be able to type this and vent a little about it.  Honestly, I hope no one ever reads this blog.  I need to figure out how to make it private.......

Anyway.  I'm going to list out what's going on in my life and will elaborate later.

1. I'm dating the best guy ever.  He's super great and I have so much fun with him.  After being in a shitty relationship for so long, it's nice to be in a normal one.  It also makes me realizes how dumb I was before, but lesson learned, right?

2. My BFFLADYFI is having a baby!! I can't wait.......it's getting so close.  Persephone Layne Jones should be here the first week of October.

3.  My brother in law is leaving for deployment this coming Sunday.  I have mixed emotions.  I've never been his number 1 fan, but I love him none the less because my sister loves him.  I don't want to see him go.  I don't want my sister to be lonely.  I DON'T want anything to happen to him.  I hope I can be strong for Ashley and that she grows and becomes more secure in herself in his absence.  And I hope he returns home safely.

4.  My baby sister, Madison, is having some issues.  Both of her biological parents have passed away.  My mom adopted her when she was 9.  She's 15 now and really struggling.  My mom is sending her to Eagle Ranch.  I don't want her to go.  I know she needs assistance, but I don't agree that sending her away is the right solution.  I've offered to let her live with me.  My mom refused.  My mom genuinely believes that this is the best option for her and unfortunately I have no say in the matter.  I'm trying (unsuccessfully so far) to not resent my mom.  So, Madison leaves next week and Eric leaves this weekend........

5. To end on a positive note, I'm going to the beach for my birthday!  I'm super pumped! It will be my first vacation with my love interest AND my very best friend is coming too!  She lives in Alabama and has two sweet little boys.  I don't have the opportunity to see her nearly as much as I would like and I cannot wait to celebrate my birthday with her!

I'll post pictures next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment